University Lands Water Midstream LLC (ULWM)
The University Lands – ULWM Preferred Provider Agreement provides incentives for H2O Midstream and Layne Water Midstream to rapidly build source, gathering, reuse, storage and disposal infrastructure to reduce water logistics costs, enhance mineral development and increase sustainability on UL acreage.
|Layne Water Midstream||H2O Midstream|
ULWM combines leading expertise in source and produced water logistics with a highly experienced management team and strong capital backing
Best-in-class Full-Cycle Water Management
UL’s mission is to maximize the revenue from The PUF Lands by applying intensive management, accounting, conservation and environmental programs, which improve and sustain the productivity of The PUF Lands, protect the interests of The University of Texas System and promote awareness and sensitivity for the environment.
University Lands’ Water Midstream Request for Proposal (RFP)
UL Water Midstream Provider Selection Process
- Approximately 25 interested parties
- Received 8 Regional Full-Cycle Water Management Proposals
Selected ULWM LLC as the exclusive provider for the Delaware Basin
What does this mean for Producers in the Delaware Basin? An Opportunity to Outsource Water Management?
- Redirect Capital to Drilling
- Reduce Disposal Demand
- Utilize Scale of PUF Lands
- Reduce Costs
- Increase Sustainable Recycling
ULWM Current Activities
- Develop an integrated water midstream business encompassing brackish source water as well as gathering, reuse, storage and disposal infrastructure.
- Analyze hydrogeology to identify ideal locations for brackish water development
- Survey locations for injectivity, seismicity and volume fundamentals to permit new shallow and deep disposal wells
- Design system with multiple, strategically located storage hubs and pipeline networks to facilitate reuse and recycling